Shop White Rum
Beer, Wine, and Spirits
Delivered in Under 60 Minutes.
Whether you call it light or silver, you need white rum in your life. It's a liquor cabinet staple and the base of some of the tastiest cocktails. So when and how should you drink it? Find out how to plan your next party with white rum cocktails.
What Is White Rum?
In the world of rum, white varieties are generally the youngest and aged for the shortest amount of time. Not all bottles of white rum are created the same, though. Some are wonderfully smooth and designed for mixing, while others are aged for a few years — which is what we say when someone asks our age — giving them added flavor and complexity.
You can take the rum out of the island, but you can't take the island out of the rum. Its nation of origin also has a big influence on its flavor. You'll get a hint of molasses from white rum from Spanish-speaking islands like Puerto Rico, and you'll taste sugarcane in bottles from French-speaking islands like Martinique.
How Is White Rum Different From Dark Rum?
They're both rum, so they're interchangeable, right? Sure, you can use both light and dark versions to mix cocktails. But white rum offers a light, sweet base that's easy to build upon. In contrast, dark rum has a more distinctive flavor that won't work for every drink. If you don't want the rich, bold and even oaky flavor of dark rum in your cocktail, reach for the bottle of white rum instead.
Popular White Rum Cocktails You Have to Try:
Put on your best Hawaiian shirt, stock up on festive cocktail umbrellas and mix these white rum drinks for your next beach bash or island-themed party:
- Rum and Coke: This drink is sure to bring back college memories, with one of many reasons being that it's one of the simplest yet tastiest drinks to mix. A rum and Coke features just two ingredients, plus a few ice cubes.
- Cuba Libre: A zesty twist on a rum and Coke, a Cuba libre features white rum, cola and a squeeze of lime.
- Mojito: To make this deliciously cooling cocktail, you'll need white rum, simple syrup, lime juice, club soda and plenty of fresh mint.
- Daiquiri: Forget about sickly sweet frozen daiquiris that come with killer headaches. You only need white rum, lime juice and simple syrup to make a refreshing classic daiquiri.
- Rum Punch: A party classic, rum punch couldn't be easier to make in large batches. You'll need to mix equal parts white and dark rum with orange, mango and pineapple juices to get the party started.
So what are you waiting for? Buy white rum online through Drizly at a great price and have it delivered directly to your door. Cheers.
Trinidad and Tobago