The Chateau of Flaugergues, a splendid “folly” of the 18th century and property of the Count and the Countess Henri de COLBERT, is located within reach of Montpellier. This property, both a vineyard and a tourist attraction, has been classified a historic monument. It has been inhabited and animated by the same family since its creation (1696). The Château de Flaugergues is situated in one of the twelve terroirs found in the Côteaux du Languedoc known as 'La Mejanelle'. The Romans cultivated vines and olives here over 2000 years ago. The monks of Grand Mont maintained this tradition, and after them the ancestors of the current owners have continued to do so from 1696 until the present day. This exceptional terroir is made up of rounded pebbles called 'les Grés' (from deposits in the Rhone delta) and thrives in the area's Mediterranean climate with its strong maritime influence. The 30 Ha (75 acre) vineyard is dominated by early-ripening grapes; it is the harmonious combination of different vines which allows for the creation of such a rich range of fine aromatic wines. The red grape variety consists of: grenache noir, syrah, mourvèdre, carignan, cinsault, merlot and cabernet sauvignon. The white grape variety consists of: grenache blanc, marsanne, roussanne, rolle et viognier. All your wines (160 000 bottles) are bottled in the chateau by ourselves.