The Peel Deal - Uncle Nearest 1856You’ll needMIX IT UP
– 1 ½ oz. Uncle Nearest 1856
–¾ oz. banana peel and cinnamon syrup
– ⅔ cup brown sugar
– ⅔ cup granulated sugar
– ⅔ cup water
– ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
– 1 banana peel (washed and dried)
– La Croix Coconut Sparkling Water
– 5 lime wedges (save one to garnish)
To make the banana peel and cinnamon syrup:
1. Eat a banana.
2. Save the peel and don't slip on it.
3. Add all syrup ingredients in a bowl.
4. Mix until the sugar is dissolved.
5. Cover and let sit for 4 - 8 hours.
6. Strain into a sealable container and refrigerate until ready for
To make the Peel Deal:
1. In a glass, muddle lime wedges.
2. Pour in the syrup and Uncle Nearest 1856.
3. Add ice and top with La Croix Coconut Sparkling Water.
5. Throw on the lime wedge to garnish.
Stir up a Peel Deal with Uncle Nearest 1856.
It’s your new favorite drink (and possibly uncle).
January 13, 2022
Peel Deal: finally, a use for banana peels.
It’s like going to paradise without all the baggage.
Your new favorite uncle is here. No, you’re not related. And no, you won’t have to sit on his lap. Because this uncle is Uncle Nearest 1856, and he has a killer drink called the Peel Deal. Made with Tennessee-style whiskey, a sweet, banana-y syrup, lime and sparkling coconut water, this is the cocktail equivalent of water skiing on a pair of dolphins in a floral shirt. So order up and pour up.MIX IT UP