WHO WE ARE
Drizly™ is the technology company powering a superior shopping experience for beer, wine and liquor. Combining the best selection and price, content-rich and personalized shopping experiences, and the speed and convenience of on-demand delivery, Drizly delivers “The Joy of Drinking™” to legal-age drinkers across the United States. Backed by a world-class group of angel and institutional investors, the company has raised $17.8 million to become a superior place to shop for beer, wine and liquor in Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Hoboken/Jersey City, Indianapolis, Los Angeles, Minneapolis/St. Paul, New Orleans, New York City, Providence, Seattle, St. Louis, Tampa, Washington D.C. and Edmonton, Alberta.
WORK WITH US
Own a forward thinking liquor store? Interested in helping shape the future of the liquor industry? We want to work with you, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AVAILABLE ON iPHONE, ANDROID AND WEB
HOW DRIZLY WORKS
1. Download Drizly to your iPhone or Android phone, or log on to Drizly.com.
2. Sign up and add your favorite beer, wine and liquor to your cart.
3. Check out, enter discount codes, pay and tip your driver, all right from Drizly.
4. In less than one hour, your alcohol will be delivered.
For Press Inquiries, contact Kerin Horgan at email@example.com
WHERE IS DRIZLY AVAILABLE?
Drizly is currently available in the following cities: Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Hoboken/Jersey City, Indianapolis, Los Angeles, Minneapolis/St. Paul, New Orleans, New York City (and the Hamptons), Providence, Seattle, St. Louis, Tampa, Washington D.C. and Edmonton, Alberta. Be sure to check which cities we are heading to next by following us on Twitter.
DOES IT COST MORE TO USE DRIZLY?
No. Drizly never marks up the price on any product. What you pay in the store will always be the same as what you pay on Drizly.
HOW MANY PRODUCTS ARE AVAILABLE ON DRIZLY?
Drizly exposes a huge selection from its retail partners, typically more than 2,000 products available from every store. Products include beer, wine, liquor and extras like soda and mixers (subject to state law).
HOW LONG DO DELIVERIES TAKE?
Delivery times are subject to the Drizly Retail Partner Network, and other variables such as time of day and traffic conditions. In most areas, delivery takes 20-40 minutes.
For those who prefer to plan ahead, Drizly offers the ability to schedule deliveries up to 48 hours in advance. Delivery windows can be chosen from a drop-down box at check out.
CAN I SEND BEER, WINE OR LIQUOR AS A GIFT?
Yes! Sending a bottle of wine, liquor or case of beer has never been easier.
You can send friends and family members their favorite beer, wine or liquor by clicking the “gift” option at the home page. From there, you put in the address where you want it to be delivered, name the gift recipient, and begin shopping as you would any other Drizly order. Once the order is placed, the recipient will receive an email notifying they have been sent a gift and to schedule a convenient time for it to be delivered.
WHY SHOULD CONSUMERS USE DRIZLY?
Speed, convenience, selection and price. With only a few taps of your finger, the party comes to you.
WHO IS THE DRIZLY USER?
The Drizly user is a legal drinker who appreciates the convenience of today’s mobile lifestyle apps and services like Uber, Yelp and HotelTonight.
ARE THERE DELIVERY FEES?
Delivery fees are sometimes charged by Drizly’s retail partner network, and vary from market-to-market and retailer-to-retailer. Minimum order requirements also vary, though typically fall in the $20-$30 range. The following is a break down of delivery fees by market:
- New York: FREE DELIVERY!
- New Orleans: $2 delivery fee
- Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Hoboken/Jersey City, Indianapolis, Los Angeles, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Providence, Seattle, St. Louis, Tampa, Washington D.C. and Edmonton, Alberta: $5 delivery fee citywide.
WHAT MAKES DRIZLY DIFFERENT?
- Responsibility. Drizly has proprietary ID verification technology that it provides to its retail partners that allows drivers to scan IDs for more than a barcode. Drizly is also the only company that has sought and received blessing for our business model from state alcohol regulators.
- Selection and Price. Drizly offers a choice between 1,000-3,500 products from any given store. And, you pay the same price as in-store.
- Speed and convenience. With the largest retail partner delivery network, our stores are closer to the consumer, resulting in delivery times of just 20-40 minutes in most areas.
- National footprint. No one serves more cities than Drizly.
- Our team and our plan. With a world-class group of investors, advisors and senior management, we are investing in growth and customer experience, while giving our retail partners the confidence we are here for the long haul.
HOW DOES DRIZLY MAKE MONEY?
Retail partners of Drizly pay a monthly license fee, which is based on a myriad of factors including the value of the delivery zone served.
Drizly never touches a bottle of alcohol or a cent from the transaction; the Drizly retail partner fulfills the order and receives 100% of the money from that order.
IS DRIZLY A PART OF THE THREE-TIER SYSTEM OF ALCOHOL DISTRIBUTION?
No, though Drizly is designed to uphold the laws and spirit of three-tier system to its most stringent practice while bringing value to each tier.
DOES DRIZLY HAVE THE BLESSING OF STATE ALCOHOL REGULATORS?
WHY ARE RETAILERS PARTNERING WITH DRIZLY?
- Incremental revenue
- Proprietary ID verification technology
- Better product margins
- Halo effect from Drizly marketing & PR
- Turnkey technology
- Commitment to service and success
HOW DOES DRIZLY CHOOSE ITS CITIES?
The two main factors dictating Drizly expansion are 1) the quality of retail partner network, and 2) potential consumer adoption and demand.
WHO IS DRIZLY’S BIGGEST COMPETITION?
The old way of doing business. The liquor store experience has not changed since Prohibition ended in 1933. We compete with the consumer who drives or walks to the store and lugs the heavy containers home.
HOW DOES DRIZLY ASSURE RESPONSIBLE DELIVERY TO A LEGAL DRINKER?
Proprietary technology that meets today’s strict law enforcement standards. We call it the Forensic ID Verification System. Our tools allow the store to exercise a more informed decision concerning the legality of a potential consumer.
WHAT IF THE CONSUMER IS INTOXICATED?
The delivery driver, an employee of the retail store partner, has final discretion on leaving product with the customer. If a driver withholds delivery, the customer will receive a refund for the purchase, but also pay a $20 restocking fee.
It is important to note, Drizly’s retail partners employ the drivers. Drizly never touches the alcohol or a cent from the transaction.
HOW DID DRIZLY START?
Drizly began in 2012 when two friends – co-founders Nick Rellas and Justin Robinson –were curious why they couldn’t get beer delivered when nearly everything else had become so readily available through technology. That casual curiosity quickly evolved into a fascination (or obsession, as some would call it) on why technology hadn’t been able to integrate into regulated industries like alcohol. Before long, the two Boston College graduates started down a path to figure out a way to legally work within the system to make alcohol delivery a reality. In 2013, Drizly was born.